Please send resumes to: Careers@silexdata.com
Candidate must be local to Humacao, Puerto Rico or surrounding areas
Silex and Information Technology firm is opening offices in PR and looking for an Accounting Assistant to support PR operations. This person will be responsible for assisting the Accountants and Executives with basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks to ensure the accounting department runs smoothly ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
What you will be doing:
- Assist executives and other financial professionals with creating and editing financial documents
- Organize the bookkeeping processes of the PR division of the company
- Evaluate financial budgets over multiple divisions of the company and track expenses
- Draft and report financial presentations monthly
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Multiple state unemployment and withholding tax research and implementation
- Running payroll twice a month, calculating pay for employees determining calculations for commission pay, HSA, 401k, benefits, etc
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions, savings deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, vacations, and non-taxable wages
- Processing and issuing W2 forms to employees
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Managing expense reports and reimbursements
- Issue invoices to customers and partners as needed
Who Should Apply:
Goal-oriented and self-disciplined individuals, with a competitive spirit, looking for an opportunity that goes beyond your normal job. Candidates should be willing to go above and beyond their job description to help grow the company.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Experience using advanced functions in Excel
- Experience in creating sustainable processes and iterative process improvement, attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Communication skills including presenting information in a clear and concise manner to various audiences.
- Ability to handle sensitive confidential information
At Silex we help enterprise customers develop an innovative digital strategy that advocates automation as an essential foundation of your business’s agility. Our unique approach unlocks your data’s value through analytics, secures and protects across multiple attack vectors, maximizes your technology investment to support your organization, and enables your business to make timely informed decisions.
About Silex Data Solutions
Silex Data Solutions is a TN based, minority owned (WBE, WOB, WOSB) solution provider created to address client demands for meaningful digital transformation which is executable. Silex is made up of a diverse group of IT veterans with decades of experience across multiple industry verticals. Our solutions are born at the intersection of our natural passion as technologists, the needs of our customers, and our decades of experience. This wholistic approach to technology gives our customers confidence that we are not just a reseller of IT, but a leader in the industry that brings unparalleled value to our clients.
Business Process and IT Automation is at the center of our agile strategy and has proven to be the most significant technology solution for our customers to streamline operations, open new lines of business, and differentiate themselves from their competitors.
At Silex, we pride ourselves in a strategy that embraces Research & Development. Our focus on R&D is designed to bring forth the latest in technical innovation. The R&D team separates fact from fiction within the technology industry. This ongoing research enables Silex to stay abreast of the latest technology enhancements and to offer its clients the most efficient, cost-effective solutions to maximize ROI.